2nd Sunday of Advent
9th December 2018
Celebration of the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
This Sacrament is celebrated at the following times,
- St. David’s, Dalkeith :- Saturday evening from 5.20 p.m. to 5.45 p.m. before Vigil Mass.
- St. Luke & St. Anne’s, Mayfield :- Saturday morning from 9.30 a.m. before and then immediately after 10.00 a.m. Mass.
- In either church, at any suitable time by request.
Parish News and Events.
Advent Candles for Cardinal Winning Pro-Life Initiative.
Thank you to all who bought candles or donated money.
A total of 139 candles were sold in St. David's and St. Luke's churches.
Soup and crusty bread.
Thank you to everyone who supported this, the proceeds of £57 will go towards the church hall funds.
Children's Christmas Party.
A huge thank you to all the children, their mum's, dads and grandparents, for coming along and taking part in the dancing competitions.
A special thank you must go to Santa and to the hall committee from St. Luke & St. Anne's for helping towards the cost of the entertainer.
Please note the Rotas for Parish Counters and Readers for 2019
are now available at the back of the Church as well as on the Parish website.
Raffle tickets are on sale at the back of St David’s for the Christmas Hampers.
All proceeds to Mary’s Meals, ‘Double the Love’ appeal.
Adoration during Advent.
During the season of Advent the Blessed Sacrament will be exposed for Adoration at 11 a.m. each Wednesday, before the 12 Noon Mass at St. David's.
This Sunday (9th December)
• Nativity Play rehearsals during the children's liturgy.
• Simple Teas & Coffees - donations to go to hall running costs.
Monday - 'Preparation to welcome Jesus at Christmas'.
Last session 7.00 p.m. to 8.15 p.m. in the parish room.
• The funeral service for Veronica Rafferty will take place at 11 a.m. in St. Mary’s Pathhead.
Please remember Veronica and her family in your prayers. May she rest in peace.
Due to the funeral, there will be a communion service in Rosehill at 10 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
• 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. in the hall. Last chance for Safeguarding Induction Training part 1.
For all parish volunteers who work with children and/or vulnerable adults who in 2018 have not attended the Safeguarding Induction Training Part 1 Course.
Please contact Fr. Andrew or Brian Nimmo to let them know you are going.
You can book by following this link
or telephoning the Safeguarding Office on 0131 623 8943
St. David’s Primary School will be celebrating a carol concert in the church at St. David’s.
Tickets are limited, but are available from the school.
Next Sunday (16th December)
• NO Teas & Coffees after Mass.
• Nativity Play will take place at 1.30 p.m. followed by mulled wine and mince pies.
Thursday 20th December.
CRUSE meet in the hall 10 a.m. to 12 Noon.
Friday 21st December at 7 p.m. Reconciliation Service
in St. David’s, with the opportunity for confessions in English and in Polish.
CHRISTMAS EVE - Monday 24th December.
• St. Luke and St. Anne’s,
6 p.m. Carols then 6.30 p.m. Christmas Mass.
• St. David’s,
8 p.m. Carols then 8.30 p.m. Christmas Mass.
CHRISTMAS DAY - Tuesday 25th December.
• St. David’s
10.30 a.m Mass of Christmas Day.